In the present age, everyone is using CCTV cameras to monitor his office and home. Security is the basic need of human life. gCMOB app has made it possible for many of its users to have an eye on their desired place. The CCTV cameras record every moment of the place where they are installed. As technology is increasing day by day the experts are designing new applications to make the security stronger.
You can connect your CCTV cameras and DVR with the gCMOB app. The CP plus CCTV camera can be configured with the gCMOB app. CP plus is a surveillance product provider. You can easily see the live footage of your house or office by configuring your CP plus DVR with your mobile phone. We have to follow the following steps to configure our CP plus DVR with the gCMOB app.
Configure CP plus CCTV camera with gCMOB
Connect the camera with your DVR
The first step you need to follow is that you should connect the CP plus CCTV camera with your CP plus DVR. Make sure you use coax or BNC cable for this connection. It is a necessary connection because if your camera is not connected with DVR properly you cannot view the image.
Connect the DVR with the Wi-Fi router
After connecting the camera with your DVR. Now you have to connect your DVR with the Wi-Fi router via LAN. The DVR provided by CP plus has 4 channels. There is a special port provided on the back of your DVR to make a wired connection with your router.
Login to DVR
To view live footage of your CP plus CCTV camera you have to log in to your DVR and follow the following steps.
- First of all, make sure that your DVR is connected properly with the internet connection.
- After logging in to your DVR you have to go to the setup menu.
- You will be provided with TCP or IP settings. Click on the setting
- When you will click the TCP and IP settings you will see a DHCP option.
- Select the DHCP option
- Do not forget to click on the Save button to apply your settings.
Download the gCMOB app
To view a live streaming video on your mobile phone you need to download the gCMOB app on your mobile. If you are using an android phone you can download this application from the Google play store and install it free of cost. In case, if you are an Apple user then you can download this application from the Apple store. It is an application that is used to view the live streaming of your cameras. You can control live streaming from CP plus DVR or IP cameras by using this application. It is necessary for the configuration settings of your CP plus DVR.
Steps to follow to add DVR in gCMOB app
- When you will install the gCMOB app in your mobile then open the application and click on the three parallel line bars provided on the top left corner of the application page.
- When you will click on the sidebars a list of many options will appear.
- After selecting the device manager option you should click on the button showing add devices.
- When you will click on add devices you have to select from the options such as InstaOn, IP or Domain, Wi-Fi configuration, and Import Cloud Device. You have to select the InstaOn option.
- When you will select this option. You have to register the type of device you are using. Provide the name of the place you are using CP plus CCTV cameras. After that, you have to enter the serial number of your DVR.
- Add the username and password asked by the system.
- In the end, you have to click on the Save button to add your device successfully.
- If the device is added then you can enjoy the live view of your cameras.
Precautions in configuring CP plus CCTV cameras
You should keep the following precautionary measures in mind when you are adding you CP plus DVR to the gCMOB app.
- Always remember the username and password you provide while adding your device. The username is mostly admin for the first time installation of your device.
- Make sure that the internet connection you are using is fast because adding a new device can take time if you are using a slow internet connection.
- Try to cover the wires that are establishing a connection between your cameras and DVR. You should also insulate the wire that links your DVR with Wi-Fi router.
- Provide the exact serial number given on the back of your CP plus DVR router. The serial number is the secret of the settings of your DVR.
- The systematic error may occur while using the gCMOB app. You can connect with the online experts available for your help. The error may occur due to different reasons while providing the details of the device. If the device is not added in the first attempt. You should check the details you provided.
Benefits of configuring CP plus CCTV camera with gCMOB app
There are a lot of benefits for the users. Come of them are mentioned below.
- When you add your DVR to the gCMOB app you can enjoy live coverage of your CCTV cameras any time on your mobile phone.
- The security cameras installed in your office or home are like your eyes. And when you will have access to the cameras sitting anywhere in the world you will remain calm and comfortable.
- If you are a businessman and want to look at the work of your employees anytime you only need to take out your phone and connect it to the internet.
- The connectivity rate increases a lot when you configure your DVR with the gCMOB app.
- The user can feel his presence at home or office when he is using gCMOB after configuration with its CCTV cameras.